During the Twentieth century the east window has been restored with stained glass by Kempe and Tower about 1920 as a memorial to the men of Hacheston who died in the First World War. Just after the First World War the south aisle window was blocked up to allow room for the larger organ given to the church, which remains in that position today. Some of the pews in the church have been removed, for example the high pews at the back of the south aisle. The churchyard has been levelled and a space made for parking. Electric light was installed, replacing the old oil lamps, and in 1975 new heating was put into the church. Extensive repairs were made to the tower and nave roof around 1990 and the south aisle roof was recovered with lead. In 1997 the chancel roof was retiled and the chancel crossing beam reinforced with metal plates at each end. There is still much work to be done to take our ancient building into the next century in a safe and fitting condition.
In 1987 the Benefice of Campsea Ashe with Marlesford, Parham and Hacheston was created, the parsonage house remaining at Marlesford.
What does the future hold for ‘All Saints', Hacheston? It has seen many changes; structural, political, social and economic from the time when its foundations were laid to the present day. Generation after generation has succeeded one another and yet this building on the hill has remained. There is no other building in the parish that knows the history of the village better than the church. Old as it may be, our church is not a museum piece but a constant reminder to us all of a steady faith for the uncertain future. The people who built our church must have worked with the same spirit and ideals as those responsible for building any great cathedral; they used their hands to the glory of God.