The Mausoleum in Hacheston churchyard belongs to the Arcedeckne (pronounced 'Archdeacon') family who built the present Glevering Hall (designed by John White) which was completed in 1794.
It is believed the Mausoleum was also designed by John White and built shortly after Glevering Hall was completed so a date of c. 1794-1809 is acceptable. It uses the same Suffolk white brick as Glevering Hall and has a shallow gabled stone roof, and side elevations each with an arcade of three recessed semi-circular arches of gauged brick. The gable ends have a single recessed segmental arch of gauged brick and the walls have raised brick bands at springing level, eaves and verge. The arch to the west gable end contains a recessed door opening, which is set under a plain stone tablet, carried on two impost blocks. The door is of cast iron.
Inside the Mausoleum, the east end is divided vertically by three by two brick walls and contains seven deposits set on stone shelves faced with inscribed slate sealing slabs.
The Mausoleum was visited in May 2014 by the Mausoleum Society. This description is taken from the notes supplied by Dr Julian Litten for that visit and used with his kind permission.
Further information on the Mausoleum and the Arcedeckne family can be found by clicking on this link (5 page document in pdf format).