In the early seventeenth century the church acquired plain furnishings such as the font cover and altar table. The 1660 Restoration style is reflected in the bishop's chair (c.1685) and a small table, both of which, with the coffin stool (c.1590) and a chest, are now kept in the vestry. They show a sharp contrast to the Puritan style of the earlier furnishings. The addition of prime importance was the pulpit, originally attached to the north wall, but placed in its present position on a base in the 1870s. Notice the beautiful strapwork designs so typical of the early seventeenth century. Until the early seventeenth century few clergy were licensed to preach, and so usually read the Homilies from a prayer desk, there being little need for pulpits.
The only tomb remaining in the church from this date is the one in the chancel belonging to Anthony Bull; many others are recorded as having been destroyed at a later date. Anthony Bull was bailiff of Ipswich in 1600, dying in 1615, and the owner of Glevering Manor. His father, John Bull, is buried in Hacheston church with twelve swords won at tournaments.
The comparative peace of the early seventeenth century was broken by the Puritan revolution and the visit of Dowsing (mentioned earlier), appointed by Oliver Cromwell, who visited Parham and Hacheston on 1 October 1644. The Puritans turned marriage into a civil service and were against baptisms in fonts. As it might be expected, fonts came under particular attack and the Hacheston font shows sword marks on the top and the figures are badly mutilated. Dowsing probably ordered his men to remove ‘superstitious pictures' and levelled the chancel; the chancel steps we see today are part of the nineteenth-century restoration.